Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Craft Show

So I stopped doing my updates because I was so busy trying to make everything as efficiently as I could, which meant doing all my sewing with one colour thread at a time before changing it to another colour and as a result nothing was actually getting finished until the very end.  I guess looking back I should have posted  pictures as I went and not worry that they weren't finished items.  Anyway, I did really well making all that I wanted to make and even threw in a few extras!

The day before the Show I took off from work so I could do a quick mock up of my booth. L came over and helped me plan things out.  In between nursing Sissy and entertaining The Bean we managed to make and tag everything, set up our imaginary booth (my stuff only as my friend Gayle was bringing hers to the Show )and take pictures so we could remember what to do the next day!  M went off to the bank to get our "float" money and with Square arriving a few days before we were ready. Later that day hubby and I loaded the van and for the first time ever I had nothing to do before a show - usually I'm sewing well into the early hours of the morning but not this time!



The setup the next morning went quickly even though the humidity was awful and I actually sold something whilst we were still setting up!  It turned out to be a really slow day as we'd had lots of rain the previous days and were forecast another storm later in the afternoon.  Saturday was a little better.  I had an order for a tent and sold enough to get  my money back on the booth and then some.  I don't think I'll do that show again and doubt I'll do anymore shows during the summer.  I think people spend more nearer the holidays so I will probably stick to those kind of shows.  But I will definitely organize myself the same way because that kept me on task and I was very productive.



They're not the best pictures but at least it gives you an idea of my side of the booth.  I'll probably put some of the items in my shop over the next week or so, but for now it's off to finish another project ...






No comments:

Post a Comment